Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Monday, July 04, 2005

cranky ghosts of the past

When I broke up with my last girlfriend, I stopped being involved with a certain Social Group.
Despite being assistant manager of the group, I decided to give her 'custody' of that part of our social life. She seemed to enjoy the gatherings more than I did - and even met her next girlfriend there I think. Plus, for some reason I couldn't log into that site from my home computer anymore (yeah, weird I know - you reckon the universe was trying to tell me something there!)
Anyway, I manage to get onto the site again tonight, start catching up on a year and a half's worth of gibberish, and the first thing I come across is her again.
Of course I check out her profile, and all the photo's she has up are ones taken by me. Parties I took her to. A holiday I took her on.
I dunno why, but I got cranky.
I surprise myself that there's still a bit of anger there for her. Well - maybe not quite anger - but still, something not cheerful.
I'd think a bit more deeply about it, but I've got a headache and am gonna crash to bed.
Sheesh, sometimes I wish I'd chill.
*grins*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home