Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

a smattering of weekend stuff

Aaah.
Am feeling fractured.
So make of this what you will.
Kooky weekend night a great way to spend Easter.
Went dancing but forgot to dance much. Preceeded by slight miscommunication organisation stress. Didn't do drugs, so crashed at 4am and home.
Proceeded to make much noise with Mr M.
Mr Z not back 'til way after sunrise. We listen. 2 voices? nah 1. Oh 2! *he. he. he.*
BBQ started at queer o'clock.

[aside]
I seem to always be ready on time for things and prep ahead.
Yes a lot of creative visualisation is good for my anxiety levels. Helps settle beforehand.
Buuut, if I'm not late like everybody else does that mean I'm not as queer.
*growls*
Hey, we were talking to Ms J, Mr B and Mr J from Newcastle at the last transensual event, about Queer time, and how we reckon it's cubed for queer trans folks.
Discuss.
[end aside]

Happy housewarming BBQ started in park across the road, then moved out of the wind into the front yard mostly. Roll call of sorts: my gorgeous mister of course and Miss R, Miss M, Mr D, Butch N and 2 supersoakers and subsequent battle with fellow afficianado Miss B. Cue discussions about sniper action on cute puppies, skateboarders and a sunbather's ass. Mr Z with bed hair, Miss L with bed hair plus last nights hairspay *blows kiss*. Visits from Miss Z and 'the germans', Miss A and something delicious she found behind a sofa *grins*, drop-ins from Miss F and Butch R and sprogs x 3, and visit from ?M and Miss N who wonderfully knows how to spar with Mr M and interestingly doesn't get too tangled by ?M. House of Femme's newest addition, Miss J, who in that excellent 2 degrees of queer separation knows aformentioned Newcastle folks, sat in on the tail end of proceedings. I learnt how to cook sausages, and eeeeeew, touched pork when I didn't know it was *shudder*.

Had to open up the Library today. I big boss lady. Busiest day of the year. Took over 2 hours to clear the bookchute.
I looked very librarian today, in a tittie kinda way with my new jiggly bra. Had to walk through the builders compund in my long skirt and clacky shoes and barrette in my hair. Then had to climb in the chute to get to the books. Yes, it's a big bookchute. Fortunately the builders weren't at work today.
Asked today's work experience student 'Bruce', why he wanted to do work exp in a Library.
"Uh, I didn', I uh, wann'ed ta do some thun sports like"
*sighs*
I resisted temptation to get him to shelve the sports section.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home