Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Friday, November 26, 2004

200 librararararians

2 days and 200 librarians.
The Conference was called 'Filthy: youth culture and libraries' and I loved it a lot.
But now I want some real filth!

I'm tuckered out and need to balance my head back!
This is what I want:
- Quiet time
- dancing dancing dancing
- a cold beer
- kink kink kink
- no more mental and social gymnastics...I want physical...I wanna switch off my brain and dance. I want a hard fuck that stops my head from ticking over and sends it spinning.

Another interesting aside from the day:
Wore my dyke clobber to the conference today (but in a girly way... my mooks shirt was the only thing I own that co-ordinated with the orange conference bag they gave us, *grins*).
T'was great to be queer-visible to the other eyecandy there...but walking down the street at Newtown later, I felt very self-concious. Like I was affecting a uniform.
I think one of the things I'm enjoying about the part-time femme thing, is the feeling that I've moved past the uniform and can wear what I truely like and what is more actually me.
I'm still part-time though *grins*.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home