Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

playing hookey

Had a pretty big weekend...
Tried to go out Friday night. Made it to the ex's BBQ and met the new girlfriend. As assumed, she's got a strong personality and her own mind. Nice to see. The two of them are O.S. for about 5 weeks now. Which is great, 'cos I always thought Mr D was made for travelling...but I wasn't into it much myself.
Anyway, from there we dropped in at the end of a birthday dinner for Miss F and had a gah over her new bub. It's only out in the world 4 weeks, so still crumply and collapsible *aaaw*
Couldn't decide on Hellfire or Dykes on Bikes Black + White Ball. Dragged ourselves home in the rain. Mr M heads upstairs to put on a uniform and I decide that I'd rather sleep than party. 5 minutes later we're horizontal.
That makes 3 Hellfires missed in a row *egads!*
And apparently the B+W Ball was a sellout success and everyone was dressed to the nines! I do wish I'd got excited...I even recently found my silver strappy kitten heels that go with my silver ballgown skirt...but I just didn't have the buzz. Oh well.
Sunday was a pretty cool day.
After a touch of coffee-stress waiting for takeaways, and a tryingnottospilladrop walk to House of Femme. We had some yum french toast for breakie and starting cleaning and organising for the Creatures Munch.
Mr M was a bloody dynamo...did he sweep the kitchen floor twice or three times? And when was the last time the outdoor bathroom saw spray and wipe? Couldn't've done it without him...especially when he took on board a new puppy to train...which gave the gathering more interest.
A thousand thanks Mr M. I love you!
Miss A was the consumate hostess, a bundle of pink energy, and no doubt going to be a driving force behind this burgeoning new community of folks. Quite a few didn't make it on Sunday, so hopefully they'll be free for the next event...a Creatures Play Party.
Wanna invite? Email me.
Oh hey, I just remembered part of Saturday. Made it to Transgender Day of Rememberance. Had a brief social chat after with John, Grace, Fi, and The Ladies. But wasn't fond of the icy cold winds in the park, and bundled ourselves off to the warmer surrounds of bodies at the markets.

What else has been happening in my world?
Monday was an okay day at work, managed to get a great deal done. But today *ergh*. Made it to work, but after 2 sips of coffee and a read of my work emails, I found myself sobbing uncontrollably. So turned around and left.
I NEVER wag work, even when I've suffered depression. So why now? Dunno. Got off the train in the city, ran across a couple of roads in the rain and tucked myself up in a bookshop with another coffee (having left the other at my desk to get cold). Feeling calmer I explored a few shops. Bought a couple of pressies for people and then a knight in shining armour came by for me. Well, as shining as an unwashed 1991 Nimbus can be *grins*. But seriously, was a glorious unexpected pleasure to spend a few hours with my man. Went shopping for leather and bungee cords and other things to make some toys with.
The thought of naughty things always seems to settle my head a bit.
Odd.
Now I have half a purple cow to make something out of. Skirt? Top? Capelet? Oh what to do with a bright purple cow?
Anyway, I should get some sleep now, and see if I can have a bit more strength tomorrow to get through the day.
G'night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home