Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Thursday, November 11, 2004

just 'blah'

Yeay, my magic drops are working. Yucko urko day at work (well one little bit of it in particular), but no running and hiding and crying. Yeay!

Happy happy weekend's nearly here. Have 3 birthday party celebration thingies happening. Tonight I shall try and organise pressies. Wish I was up to braving this rain to poke around the shops tonight.
Also tonight I shall alter the new dress I bought. Happy summer halterneck party dress. Red-and-crazy-flowers-sorta-print. Perfect for the BBQ saturday or Newtown Festival on Sunday.

Happy happy happy...have paid off my student loan debts, and now only have a couple of grand left on HECS, and a wee bit on my credit card. I like this 'simply my life' thing :-) And am pleased I did it on my meagre salary...
...oooh that reminds me...got a tinsy pay rise today...for doing okay at work....and another payrise coming through next week...thankyou Unions.

Am feeling a tad guilty that I didn't get all activist about the 'Milat is Bisexual' newspaper headlines like the BPA folks did. Perhaps I should do more work, esp. as Convenor of Bi-NSW. But my heart's just not in it. I had too much of a break I think, and the fire in my belly has died down somewhat. Every now and then I give the coals a nudge, but, *shrugs* meh.
Then again, Bi-NSW is more of an social and advocacy group, leaving th activism/lobbying work to BPA.
Aaah, sweet justifications.
So now I shall do some work on the Bi stall at Newtown Festival on Sunday morn instead.
Come and say hello. 10am onwards...I think the stall is #442...near the info stall and the kids area.
Later I shall lie around in the sun, drinking beer, in red shoes!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home