Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Doctor, doctor...

Today Icemaiden sidekick and I worked together on a report for the Library Committee. Only half an hour, and we didn't get too exasperated with each other. This is good.
Babysteps, babysteps.
Had a great talk with my herbalist...and now have stinky herbs to drink and stinky herbs to rub on my body and it will make me well and whole again. There's hope for this girl yet. Though perhaps not for those who hang out near me. Promise you'll tell me if I get too stinky, guys. Please.

Oh, and a workmate of mine is selling an old dentist chair ...I put in a bid. I'm not quite sure why, I'm not a terribly emotional shopper. But I just wanted this chair. It's extremely heavy, a bit rusty (going by the photo) and of limited practical use.
Those who may be free to help me collect it (late November if I get it) will of course get first and continuing dibs to put it to aforementioned 'limited practical use' *grins*.
Oh and, in the words of my workmate (and Homer Simpson) "Chair goes up. Chair goes down"


2 Comments:

Blogger Ali H said...

Definately, someone we know has to own a dentist chair- and why shouldn't it be you? I'm sure with all the handy types around we could expand it's practical uses nicely...
(and while everyone's small-item toyboxes are rather overflowing, this would be the first time one of we young'uns would own one of the BIG toys!)

2:52 pm  
Blogger Miss Y said...

Aaah yes, though am wondering if it's being a 'young un' (Am thinking though I must be the oldest of the young uns around ':-) Or if it's being on a disposable income and having the motivation?
I know a few folks (such as Mr P aka 'king of kink') who seem to have more of an inclination to aquire such 'stuff'.

6:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home