Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Weekending

This weekend:
- My little brother came by and took his stuff and has fully moved out now. I'm pretty glad he's stayed in the ghetto though, and we haven't lost him to the wilds of bondi or similar.
- We had a new fence built this last week. Or more to the point, the neighbours built one. Gone is the old rickety wonder, all covered in vines, that I loved so much. So Mr M has spent the weekend nailing up lattice and painting it purple and buying rainforest palms and doing similar such things to bring the green and the visual stimulation back for me. Lovekins.
- I went to buy milk, and yesterdays paper, and croissants for breakfast this morning. It was a lovely morning stroll. Paddington style 'cos I had my big straight-girl sunnies on to protect my sore head from the glare.
- I tested out my new custom-made boots last night. A few hours dancing at Phoenix. Not even close to sore and no rubbing. Sweet.
- Heading out to someones' BBQ soon. Get to see Miss L's sister and her son - who Mick sourced and fixed up a bike for. Lovely arvo for a BBQ and friends.
- Oh, and yesterday was a bit of a write off. Haven't experienced such inexplicable anger and rage for a while. All morning I seethed and fumed and punched and cried and kicked and swore. Scared the boy and the dog and a few others again. Glad it's over now though. Weird and upsetting. All sunshine and daisies and rainbows again today though kiddies.
Tra-la-la!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home