Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Sunday, March 16, 2008

4 years ago

Somewhere about this time of year, in the vague weeks following mardi gras, I tottered over to House of Femme for a impromptu cocktail party of sorts.
After a few blue-coloured alcoholic beverages later, I did a costume change and staggered in too-big shoes with a gaggle of darling friends to the Impie for someshowIcan'tquiterememberwhat.

And we flitted and flirted and drank much much more and clapped for the people on the stage.
And then, sometime after midnight, when most of my friends had left, this cute fellow walked in.
I found that I fit under his arm just so and got the giggles.

He walked me home, and when he came in for a glass of water, I locked him in the house until I got a goodnight kiss.
I still remember reaching up my left hand and feeling the stubble on his jaw.

He ran away, mumbling something about 'Uni tomorrow'. But he came back another time, and is still hanging around after all these years.
He says he loves me, and I say I love him.
I think we both mean it.
*grins*
Happy Anniversary Mr M.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home