Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Wow.

A big wow of the sort that means what I do is worthwhile in the world...

The other day I received an email from a person who works with queer youth. They said that they had a person who said it was the queer books they found at my library that made them brave enough to get in touch with the queer youth group.
How cool is that!

I try so hard to build up the queer kids & youth collection in every library I work in.
You don't know how happy it made me to hear this feedback.
More warm fuzzies than a ballpit full of kittens!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ali H said...

That's amazing- well done, super-librarian!

12:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home