Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Friday, January 11, 2008

Gas smells awful...might as well live

After a weird morning at work yesterday, where as the Librarian in charge I closed a whole floor due to the knockout stench of chlorine (fortunately from a burst pipe overnight, not actual chlorine gas :-)
To a wholloping low knocking me sideways by the end of the day.
Add in a miserable time with a wisdom tooth and I really wasn't able to make it to work today.
My darlin' man took me up to the doc this morning, and then out for a coffee.

OhMyGodCoffee!
After a month of no coffee it was time to return to the fold.
Here's a picture of her. Isn't she beautiful!















Timely really.
While I've adored my break from caffiene (apart from the first hell week). I've been having probs with my anxiety again, and a nice cup of coffee is my best form of self-medication for it. Whether this is good or bad I usually do not really care at the time.

And for those who will tell me that a spot of exercise would be better for me; yes, I've now many fine activity/exercise related accoutrements thanks to my xmas present haul. So my expectations of myself in this regard are higher than they have been in years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home