Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Thursday, October 25, 2007

I'm so vain.

For the first time in any time, I actually have a toothache. So sore I can't sleep, and my face swelled up this morning so I look like half a chipmunk. Or half my face looks like a chipmunk. Or my cheek has swollen up to look like the cheek of a chipmunk.
Whatever.
You know what I mean.
And I felt ugly.
I very rarely feel ugly. Dumpy, yes. Comical, often. But I usually still feel cute.
It wasn't a fun trip to work this morning. And by the time I got there I turned around and went back the other way to see a dentist with an emergency appointment.
The painkillers I've now got have a great side effect – everything is sooo funny.
Today in the library a bookshop owner was chatting to an author, and then asked me who was doing the introduction for this author's booktalk. I said it was the library manager, and he said to the author “Oooh the big kuana!”.
“the big koala?” asked the author.
I had to run away ‘cos I was laughing too much and I couldn’t correct the bookshop owner (he meant’ big kahuna’ for those wondering) ‘cos he’s a humourless bastard and likes to big-note himself in front of authors.
It probably wasn’t as funny as I thought. Everyone looked at me weird when I recounted the tale in the lunchroom.
It must be the painkillers.
I’ve got some serious antibiotics to take as well. Anyone want to go drinking?
Hahahahahahaha

Ha

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
*breathes in*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home