Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Dontcha just hate it. (Other people's voices part II)

I was talking on the phone to a stranger regarding work business this arvo. We're having a great chat that's weirdly descending into almost flirting. A laugh, a giggle, a tease, some innuendo.

Yeah, yeah, I know that voices are not a good indicator of what a person is like. But dammit, I was so convinced I had a hot dyke on the other end.

Ending the conversation with "Thank you so much for your help. It was great talking to you. What was your name again?"
"Neil"

"Oh"

Some days I am really glad that I'm Bi. It'd muck with my head too much otherwise.
*gah*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home