Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Monday, November 12, 2007

Hell is a romance novel.

Since doing this Nanothingo my dreams are going vivid and crazy. It's pretty cool.
It's like I've kicked some underused part of my brain into action. A part that has been dormant for a while. So my creativity is going nutso. The words are pouring out so fast I can't believe I can type that fast. It's great.
But.
There's always a but.
But there's some other evil coming out from the back of my brain.
My 'novel' (and yes I use that term loosely) has become this soppy introspective romance!
Yeah I know, fancy me writing a goddamn romance. And even worse; my main male character looks like a young Johnny Cash (uhuh. yeah.) and is a love struck sculptor that keeps trying to get my main female character into the sack*.
Someone shoot me now.
It almost makes me want to write a sci-fi-fantasy-slash-fanfic-warcrack novel like the other 90% of Nano-ers.

*yes. i know. she's even taken to wearing cargos and shirts with pictures of knives on and i think she's about to shave her head. all to fend him off. good luck to her. i think he's blinded by love by now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home