Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Look pretty for me...

Yesterday in the staff lunchroom I walked in on a conversation where a colleague was digging herself a big hole about acceptable body modification. Apparently she was mortified by some underarm hair.
My god.
I was tired and tried not to pay too much attention to their waffling. There was already a dyke in the room involved in the conversation and I figured she could put them in place if need be.
But a little later a fellow (who is new to our female dominated workplace) wonders about why people put piercings all over their face.
He mused: "I really don't find them very attractive and they don't make me want to look at the people wearing them at all."
I had to look up from my sandwich and point out: "Umm, I don't want to break your middle-aged male heart, but I think that's the point babe."

Silly boys thinking the world revolves around them. Sheesh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home