Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Coda Code

Here's a short note that Mr L may appreciate.
Library patron borrowing a Coda CD (yes, you can get Coda at your local library. If they're cool enough. Like my library is).
Anyway. Library patron is cute.
I mention the good find.
She does mini Coda-rant.
Eye contact.
Uhuh. Yep.
We're the cool kids here.

A nice moment in an otherwise weird day.

Man. Today a colleague called me 'poppet'.
Can you believe it?
For gods sake. I may act immature at times. But I'm 30. Not a 'poppet'! Ugh.

Oh. And one of the happiest moments in the last week in a happy-dance-around-the-loungeroom kinda way:
Mr Z has this puzzle that someone from his work gave him, saying that it took them months to do. While talking on the phone to my brother this evening I solved it in 15 minutes.

Cool and clever.
Oh man. Where does it end?
(don't answer that)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home