Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Sunday, February 19, 2006

What a *cough* lovely *cough* weekend *cough cough*

Just now watching the colours of the day changing in the clouds. There were some magnificent fluffy rolls of yellow and pink that have now transformed to a dense dark grey. All previous glimpses of blue are now totally obscured by blue-grey cover.

Had a great weekend. Probably should've done about half of what I have, because of fluey-recovery. But too bad.

Mr M and I played happy families on Saturday morning and took his god-daughter to a wildlife park. The echidna was so damn super-cute that we had to visit it three times!

The afternoon was a bit 'Girls Own Annual'. A bit of bloodlust craftwork in my bedroom with Miss A and Miss J. Then after a cup of tea and jam tarts, Miss A and I played dressups. We parted ways at the end of the street - she looked so wonderfully manga-girl, all ready for her cage; and I was perhaps slightly rockabilly with my red and white spotted ribbon around my neck.
Later a delightful dinner and catch-up with Miss R and Miss B; with added company from Mr M after his dinner elsewhere with friends. Eventually the chill wind, warm room, and my continual coughing, took it's toll on me.

If I looked as bad as I felt this morning, I imagine I scared Mr Z as I coughed my way past him in the kitchen. After some witchy tea (elderflower for my throat, cardamon for the mucus) and some bottle medicine that Mr M had, I felt vaguely human again.

Fair Day fun was had. Oh how I love my parasol and fan! We coo'd over puppies and babies, ran into many cool people. Did a little time in the Bi-NSW stall. Got cat-called by a screaming queens "Ooooh! Breeders!" *laughs*.

After heading home for food and a cold shower (oh joy of joys!), I felt like heading out and finding people again. I felt like I had ended the day a little prematurely. But somehow the catchup with friends hasn't happened. Mainly because I shouldn't push it and should get some rest for work tomorrow. This little scene queen now is having withdrawl symptoms! *laughs*.

1 Comments:

Blogger Miss Y said...

Hmm, yes. It suppresses mucus formation and adds a creamy edge to herb teas; and some believe it inhibits the uptake of caffeine *shrugs*

6:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home