Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

All grown up.

Amongst the 'Big Things' I do at work, like running training courses and managing budgets, I still find myself mixing up glue for papier mache and cutting out display materials.
I have these push-me-pull-you forces exerting themselves.
I feel like a competent adult.
Then I feel like a kid playing pretend.

Sometimes I get confused and act like a kid when people are expecting me to talk confidently about grant applications and collection development.
Am frocking up and heading across the north shore to be a guest speaker at another library tomorrow.
Really hope I don't cock it up completely.

********************
In other news:
Happy Birthday Mr M!
I love you, my dirty old man.
*blows kiss*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home