Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Self-care

Have been a bit flat at work all week, and yesterday was officially the 'glummest day of the week'. There have been some moments of shining happiness though.

Caught up with Miss A last night. Was great to chat. Was weird to walk down the street with another glittery girly (wow, I still find it hard to publicly self-ID as femme).
Usually a beer at Girls on Top lets' me find numerous circles of friends. Last time I went - a couple of weeks ago - it was quieter, and last night it was a ghost town - with the additions of a few straight boy blow-ins who ogled rather innapropriately.

Wednesday and the Slox - while also quieter - was suitably trashy and I felt it all day at work on Thursday. During the night some aquaintances asked if I was a scene queen. Later watching the (rather hot) drag shows while sitting on Butch N's lap with Little Miss R draped over my shoulders, I thought 'Yes. Yes I am."

A new word that I've learnt to use since dating a social worker: 'self-care'.
I think I need to do more of it.
Less partying + more sleep + more proper meals = less glum days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home