Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Mind Junk

They were very happy to see me at Storytime today. Very happy.
Worked out why when talking with a couple of parents after storytime. I heard a lot of critcism of my sidekick's storytime sessions. Polite criticism in a North Shore fashion of course.
So now I have to sit in on her storytimes, see they go (after all, the parents could be just being catty), and if neccessary do a bit of gentle nudging in the right direction.

Yesterday I found out that an ex just started work down the road from me. And my best mate from Highschool works in the same building. So I met them for a drink.
It was very odd to be sitting there with them. Flashbacks of other pub afternoons with them.
I was also reminded of how queer my usual circles are. I was talking normal stuff I thought, but in retrospect I think it might've been a tad queer for their workmates.
Must learn company appropriate conversation. *grins*

I love geography. A lot.
But I learnt something new yesterday.
'Seiche'
Pronounced 'SAY-sh'
Lookit...
Very cool. I was suitably excited. Almost as excited as when I found out there were salt glaciers!

I cannot find shoes that fit. My feet are too small. It never used to be such a big problem, and I am sure shoes sizes are surreptitiously getting larger. Winter wasn't too bad because shoes can be buckled or laced on, or worn with thick socks. And the styles in the kids shoe stores are pretty basic.
But summer.
Crap.
I have suffered going into the kids stores without feeling too humilited, but the only styles are things with summery bows and ribbons *ugh*.
I go into the 'grownups' stores and ask straight away what their lowest size is and can they bring me everything in it.
But to no avail.
All my shoes are dying and I need to find something soon.
Oh how I envy folks who can actually choose the styles of shoes they wear. People who have more that 3 pairs of shoes because they can find more than 3 pairs that fit!

And no. It might not seem like I can be choosy - but shall not wear joggers all summer. Okay.

I send out HUGE kisses to 2 of my favourite people. Mr M who is a sore bear at the moment. *mwah* to you, mister!
And Miss A, who is back in the country, and it makes me all fidgety to think about seeing her again! *claps hands*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home