Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

being bloody mercurial

A great day at work. I got applause at storytime again, a councillor caught me working very damn hard, I had a haircut at lunchtime, a kid sang christmas carols for me, and another kid asked me to help find them books because they 'loved reading lots'.

Booked tickets for Mr M and myself to fly up before chrissy and see my brothers for a weekend *yeay*

Sadly I am in the middle of a fit of rage at the moment. Seeing red at the inability of people to be accepting and inclusive of bisexuality. Individuals (who should know better as they live in trans glass houses), and organisations who seem capable of uttering the G, L and T words, but not the B word. I shouldn't have to jump up and down to get them to.
So fucking angry.

I shall now find a nice frock to wear, and go out and have a beer with friends.
Friends always cheer me up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home