Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Friday, November 11, 2005

I have a love/hate relationship with work at the moment.

Took a cake into work today. Told all my workmates it was a 'Friday Cake'.
But really it was 'cos I've been there 3 years today.
My boss knew, and when I said that I didn't want to say anything to people, she suggested that we put a notice on the whiteboard saying 'Yasmin - 3 today' and a picture of a cake with candles.
I told her in no uncertain terms that that was a horrid idea, and that people probably already think I'm too childish and they don't need encouraging.
The joys of working with a majority workforce of women in their 50's.

In other news, my new sidekick is now trying to tell me how to do my job.
This would normally make me think that I have issues with power and control, but apparently she's doing it to other people as well.
Nuts, man.

Glad it's the weekend and all I have to worry about now is what I'm wearing to Newtown Festival. *grins*

I think I've been going out drinking too much lately.
And, yep, I'm going to do it again tonight...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha., fuck that's really cute.. happy 3yrs!! see you at newtown festival hopefully.. and gurlesque if ur going!! i'll give u my moist underwear at the end of the night .. hehe.
xxxxxxx

5:37 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ps- i think you should wear NOTHING to the festival *cheeky grin* ,
im off to phoenix now..to get nice and naked, and have filthy toilet sex..*jumps up and down* =)

5:49 pm  
Blogger Miss Y said...

Oh, I did tell you about the 3 years thing - it was Rami's birthday that day too - and Rememberance day.
No record - I did 4 and a half yrs in Libraries on the Gold Coast when I was a wee tucker.
Am imagining you typing - am laughing, and am glad you're not using your right hand.
Love from your mother hen LOL

9:49 pm  
Blogger Miss Y said...

p.s. my lips give you a lot! What more do you want eh? *cheeky grins* Just ask, honey!

9:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home