Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Monday, September 25, 2006

Snippets

The music was pretty good at Biversity.
I haven't danced that much in a while.
Though the sad thing is - it wasn't much of a dance.

Mr M and I had a gander at a few houses on the weekend.
Talking about what sort of place we would, and wouldn't, like to live in.
We both agreed that we wouldn't like to live in the place that had a toilet held together by duct tape.

I got cruised at work today.
Until I remembered that I wasn't in queer world, and he probably saw me as a straight girl.
*sighs*
I guess we have to call that flirting instead eh?
How boring.

There were actually dykes at Biversity on Saturday night.
Ones that I had seen earlier in the evening at the Slit mag launch!
A few of them probably came with Sveta.
But not all.
Sweet!

During the weekend I grabbed 2 boys in an agro fashion because I saw red.
That's probably a habit I shouldn't encourage in myself.
To paraphrase Mr M: I should let my actions write cheques that my body can't cash.

Tomorrow I shall wear my top hat and tulle to work.
'tis one of the joys of being a children's librarian.

One of the sweet high school girls that comes into the Library to do community work for her Duke of Edinburgh Award has the beginnings of an earlobe stretch.
She's also one of the group of asian girls that come in dressed in their camos and berets after cadets and polish their boots in the kids section.
*breathes deep*
I shall expect to see her on the scene within a year.

Foolish but fabulous. *shakes head*
Yes I wore my new red bandanna dress to Feastability on Sunday.
Yes it has a full skirt.
And yes, it was a pretty bloody windy day, wasn't it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ali H said...

It was only because I came to Feastability late, and already knew about the horrid windy weather, that I managed to talk myself out of wearing any pretty, full-skirted frocks. A tragedy, really. You looked fabulous though.

8:52 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home