Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Saturday, August 26, 2006

2 out of 3 ain't bad

There have been only a few things that have made me angry in a 'seeing-red' kinda way over the past year.
And in the space of one evening last week, with facing up and talking to folks, I cleared 2 of them away.
Sorta.
I can still feel the cautious prickly tentacles there.
I can see a great deal of the problem is with myself.
Perhaps I'm just too sensitive. Perhaps I just think things are more serious than other people think.
Still. I am very glad that things are getting better.
*breathes out*

***************
In other news, work has been full on.
Getting back into the saddle with the Bi-NSW stuff.
Moving and opening up my new section in the Library.
Moving into my new office. (Oh it is so big and beautiful!).
And then throw in a dollop of Children's Book Week, 3 visiting authors, a few hundred children visiting, weekend and evening events; and you get a pretty happy but tired Miss Y.

Yesterday off work to swan around the shops, have boozy lunch with my Mum, and look for a birthday pressie.
While the perfect pressie eluded me. I came home with a lovely haul which included:
- Black, purple, and red tulle
- An old pipe and pipe stand
- Black surgical gloves that almost fit
- A black t-shirt ready to be decorated
- Goth-y bandaids from a cute japanese store
- new white cross stitch fabric

Feels like today is made for domestic pottering.
The sun is shining. All the doors of the house are opened.
Nice new folks (and dog) moving in next door.

It's lovely when your days' biggest decision is whether or not to do a clothes wash because of the dark clouds blowing in from the south.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home