Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Monday, July 24, 2006

Grateful.

There are times in your life where, as intolerably happy as one is, you can still get hit in the gut by the ghost of times past.
Sometimes I am quite heartily reminded of all those who I used to hang out with, but are now moving in different social circles to me.

So this post is a 'thankyou post' to all my friends who are still by me.

Thankyou to friends who meet up with me for a drink now and then.
Thankyou for sms'ing me asking if I'd like to catch up.
Thankyou for checking in with me and listening to me vent and rant.
Thankyou for sharing your stories of your lovers and costumes and histories and, yes, even the mundane stories of your daily lives.
Thankyou for sticking with me even when I'm weird, or messed up, or am letting life get to me too much.
Thankyou for reminding me about the great party/club night coming up.
Thankyou for dancing with me.
Thankyou for letting me cut your skin.
Thankyou for listening to me debrief after a day at work.
Thankyou for taking a photo of me.
Thankyou for the hugs and kisses.
Thankyou for the dinner invites.
Thankyou for the walking and talking.
Thankyou for making me laugh.
Thankyou for cooking for me.
Thankyou for being there when I have dramas.
Thankyou for saying hello on the street.
Thankyou for the beer.
Thankyou for accepting me, and (even if you don't agree with or approve of it) for accepting my life as I choose to live it.
Thankyou for supporting me.

I know I can be a bit of an idiot sometimes, so thanks for sticking around guys.
*hugs*

2 Comments:

Blogger Ali H said...

Any time, pretty lady...
let's catch up soon, yeah?

4:34 pm  
Blogger Miss Y said...

*kisses* to you both.
And yes, Miss J, you were definitely thought of when this list was written. Hope you're well over there. Am trying hard not to miss you madly!

6:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home