Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Yesterday Morning

The cool ice of the morning breeze across the park.

I pull the collar of my jacket up
and stride across the road.
The determined sound of my work shoes clopping,
belie the shaky hesitancy of my emotions today.

I button my jacket up like a hug and I walk towards
the main road,
towards the bus stop,
towards the sound of car horns celebrating which ever team it is that has just won the world cup.

Two men lope across the park, draped in flags,
smiling and laughing
they leap around each other and hoot at the sky.
I feel sad that I can't share their mood.

But when I look at the sky I see a plane heading west
and believe you are on it
and my heart crumples a tiny bit.

I continue to stride towards my day,
knowing that everything's going to be okay, even though there's a you-sized gap in my fabric of friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home