Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Taking it on the chin.

A blank page and a blank space in my day.
A pause between knocks.
Today at work I received fallout from one of the bigger oh-my-god-how-did-i-just-completely-forget-to-do-that blunders in recent memory. Involving the tippy top boss ladies too.
No nasty fallout at all, but I'm very tired now. Surprisingly tired from that.
And now to a meeting where again I get to say 'no, i haven't done what i meant to, in fact i haven't done anything about it at all and i'm sorry'.

It's like I have a black hole somewhere in my brain where things vanish for weeks at a time.
And I completely plumb forget that there's something I'm meant to do.

In more positive news, last night I got to do one of the more bloody cuttings I've ever done. Felt the tug between cutter and subject. Who says more? Who says stop? Why stop? Felt the bloodlust rising and falling like a tide.
And then later I sat amongst kinky photos and kinkier people and drank red wine and marvelled at the way words together can make memories and possibilities take form.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home