Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Found while searching for fortunes for cookies...

"Some rigid dyke once told me I wasn't a radical lesbian in her book because I eat meat and talk about sex out loud. I never said I was a radical lesbian! I don't understand that term! Wouldn't a truly radical lesbian sleep with men? Wouldn't that be the most radical thing a lesbian could do? Is it radical comma lesbian or what?" - Diane DiMassa, Hothead Paisan

And:

"A short note about bisexuality. You can't have your cake and eat it too. You can't be tied to male privilege with the right hand while clutching your sister with the left." - Rita Mae Brown

To which I say; I shall no more be recommending her books to patrons at the Library. Stupid bloody old school dyke. Stretch your brain a bit woman.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home