Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Sunday, June 25, 2006

It's my blog...

And that's as close to an apology as you'll get for the following anecdote.
Go here, or here, or here, if you wanna read something more intellectual.

Today I spent the afternoon looking at art.
Oh so many different artworks! Nothing too boundary-pushing because it was, after all, an investment art show. Halls filled with people looking for something comfortable for the walls of their comfortable homes.

I saw etchings of famous artists, strange sculptures, grainy black and white photos, canvases bigger than 3 of me, paintings by an old highschool classmate, and at least 15 galleries represeting Minnie Pwerle.

And in the midst of all this bombardment of beauty and blandness and wonder, I turn around and my breath is utterly whipped away by a face that's looking at me with an expression of love, and I can see pure light behind the skin and the divine behind the eyes. And for half a second I am totally floored.
And then I realise it is my lover, Mr M, and I am again even more stunned by the moment that has just passed.
He moves towards me and I lean into him and nuzzle his neck with a kiss. I turn my head to the side to listen to something he says but find I am in a daze and miss every word.

Some days are crazy-making.

I love you Mr M.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home