Info Pimp

"Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madams, greeting punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs, and pimping their books." Guy Browning (The Guardian column, www.guardian.co.uk 18 October 2003)

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Oh dear.

Today I met Dorothy Porter and behaved all fan girly. I'm normally pretty cool with the visiting authors at work (oh Bill Bryson is upstairs? Oh whatever...)
But *gah!*
I wasn't prepared for how hot she looks in the flesh. And then she did this dismissive thing at me. Oh heavens.
I behaved all stupid schoolboy. Forgetting to shake hands (hiding my hard-on?). Loitering up the back of the room. Hey see me move these massive display boards around, aren't I strong. Stupid. Stupid. Silly. Dammit.

In other news, I am in the midst of a crocheting frenzy. Anyone want a neck warmer/scarf thing? Drop me a line. You can stipulate colour - the rest depends on what wool I can find and what new stitch I've just learnt.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your encounter with Dorothy Porter sounds just like when I met Kylie Kwong. She signed my calico bag. *wistful sigh*

12:08 am  
Blogger Ali H said...

My gosh. Who wouldn't go into a flutter of distraction upon meeting Dorothy Porter, honestly? You'll just have to super-secretly find another excuse to bring her out to the library so you can see how she responds to some smoother, more prepared moves...

12:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home